I hear this argument time and again, frankly it is far too simplistic and naïve to make such a statement.
So with that theory in mind we could state a “2 litre motor car” has an identical performance to another “2 litre car”, madness ! If that were true Bernie Eccleston would be a pauper and formula one would not exist……………………..
Yes as a simplistic view in science a 1 kw heating element is the same as another 1 kw heating element.
BUT that’s not the real point or the TRUTH of the matter, all serious electric heating products are made up of a series of components……………………………….
- Heating element
- The body which transmits the heat into the room.
- Some have a heating medium such as oil to transmit the heat from the element into a body that then gives a larger surface area to then heat the room.
- A thermostat — the quality / accuracy of which can vary enormously.
- A time / temp control — not all have this, or indeed a sophisticated version.
- Electronic control
Roughly 15 years ago the government passed a law to ensure the break up of the monopolies held by regional utility company’s, Electric and Gas.
This law stated that regional suppliers cannot compete in their own region but can compete in any other region, as such a “free market” was born.
Sadly to this day 50% of theUKpopulation still pay 30% too much for their electricity and gas, perhaps you would like to read that again !
To ensure you have the correct price then we suggest you visit www.ukpower.co.uk and put in your post code etc.
Electricity, we personally have paid 8p for the last three years and renewed late in 2010 at 7p. We would suggest between 8p to 9p is the maximum you should have to pay regardless of your geographical location, and lastly revisit this on a regular basis.
One small tip NEVER phone electric suppliers for a price, the internet comparison sites are the best medium and we believe www.ukpower.co.uk. is amongst the best. Continue reading
So why is the UK so “prejudiced” against electric heating, yet 50% of the population seems happy to pay 30% too much for their electric supply ?
Storage heaters are not made in theUK, they are only made inEurope, yet the Europeans don’t use them ! Worse still the economy 7 tariff in theUKwhich they utilise, abuses you financially !
Which of the following statements is true or false :-
- All motor vehicles have identical fuel consumption.
- All wet systems regardless of fuel have identical consumption.
- All electric heating is 100% identical efficiency’s.